Monday, August 10, 2009

What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar?

Unrelated to the title? Well that's what happens when you work for a crazy woman who has no idea how the world works.

I have been having this issue where I accidentally charged a contribution rather than writing a check. In her mind, this means that the money is gone and that no one will know that she made the contribution and there is nothing to show to anyone and it's GONE FOREVER!!!!

So then this morning I come in and there is not only the official letter from the foundation thanking her and giving her the amount that is tax-deductible, there is a personal letter from the head of the foundation thanking her for her support.

So she tells me to call this woman and tell her we're sending "it" (I don't know what "it" is), wants me to copy the bill and show that the charge was made (so clearly the donation has been sent), and send her the letter that was sent thanking us for the donation. She then proceeds to tell me that the letter the head sent is asking to please send us the donation. No where on the letter does it say that. It is purely a thank you letter. When I point this out to her, and read it to her, emphasizing the THANKS at the end of the letter, she takes it from and reads it. She stops at the word "response," using this as proof that they have not yet received anything from her.

Luckily I'm onto her now so I had the phone number handy and called immediately with the name of the woman's assistant. Unfortunately she's not in today, so now we have to call tomorrow, but there is NO NEED to do anything. The foundation knows, the woman knows, the money has been sent, the official letter has arrived, thanks has been given.

SOOOOOOO stupid. And I'm doing all this, and am sitting here without a Klondike Bar. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment