Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Right Name, Wrong Person

So this morning we got a call from downstairs that Teresa* is here. Well I know that Teresa is the dressmaker, but I didn't know that this woman was coming here today. Wasn't here when she was called, not written in on the boss's schedule. So I panic - now she's going to be mad I woke her up. But I know this woman's time is valuable. So I go tell the boss Teresa is here and we go to get the jackets she wants altered.

Then this woman walks in. Now, I've only met Teresa once so far, but I know that the woman who just walked in is not the woman who took in the boss's pants that one time. However, the boss happens to have multiple people to do the same job so I figure it must be ok.

The boss seems to be confused though. Asks her name. Teresa. You used to work at [swanky retail chain]? Yes. You used to do my clothes? Yes, a long time ago. Oh ok, thank you but no.

Say what now?

She turns to me and tells me I called the wrong Teresa. Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! I cannot be blamed for this one! We call the correct Teresa. I hope. Then the boss yells at the temporary housekeeper that SHE called the wrong Teresa. No she didn't either.

Conclusion? Teresa must have called us. She needs work. Everyone needs work.

More likely conclusion? The boss called her late last night, confused the number, and told her it was urgent that she come by to fix these jackets.....URGENT.


*Names have been changed to protect the innocent. And wrongly contacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment