Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let Me Sleep

How's this for frustrating?

I called my boss's weekend plans, to confirm with her secretary, and of course I said my boss's name (because no one knows who I am, I am unimportant, as she has pointed out to me). So she wakes up (did I mention she's sleeping? I could have come in late) and asks what I'm doing, which means I have to halt my conversation with her secretary (rude!) and explain. So I say I'm making plans with Sally Smith* for this weekend, and my boss says
"That's not her name, it's Sally Smith*"
That's what I said.
Oh ok I'm sorry.

Then I made sure to confirm what she wanted because all hell would break loose if I told Sally Smith the wrong time. Although I am certain that when she wakes up and I tell her again she will yell at me that I made the wrong plans. WHATEVER.

AND THEN she said not to wake her up for these things. Which I didn't. I hate making phone calls while she is asleep for that very reason. And also if she wanted to talk to them I am in trouble. Can't win.

*Names have been changed to protect the rich and fancy. And also the innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment