Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello, Pot? I have Mrs. Kettle on the line for you...

ARGH!!!

I hate fakeness and fakery and fakers. My boss just got off the phone with a woman, thanked her, called her delightful, she's so lovely and sweet and amazing and blah blah blah. Then, after about 30 seconds on the phone, she hung up and said "Oh, that woman, can't ever get her off the phone, she goes on forever!"

So fake, and also a hypocrite, as she will not only call people when there is no reason to, she will then keep you on the phone for a ridiculous amount of time, ask to repeat things, repeat things back to you, and most likely call you back as soon as you've hung up. If you're really lucky, she'll also tell you all about her bowel movements - consistency, frequency, which of her staff is aggravating her bowel (usually me), etc. And then that's a 10 minute conversation.

I once talked to a friend of hers who was very glad she wasn't home as he did not want to speak to her and have to talk to her for 20 minutes. And he told me that!

No comments:

Post a Comment