Thursday, August 6, 2009

Did you get that message?

Ok, here is a ridiculous story for you:

Tuesday night my boss calls and tells me this person is going call, and don't say anything to her, tell her I know nothing. Ok fine, sure. Two minutes later she calls again and tells me this person called, there is a message, she tells me what the message says, and then asks me to get there the next morning very early. Ok sure. She called me a third time but honestly I don't remember which is which.

So then I get there the next morning, she tells me about the messages on the machine, and I say ok that's great. Done.

Later on in the day she ridicules me for not listening to the messages. Uh, you already listened to them? But ok, fair enough, I'll go listen and write down the details. My bad.

After I write down all the details (including a very long one from her daughter in law who I'd really like to meet - she sounds delightful!) I bring the messages in and tell her, and she tells me she already knows.
Next message? Yes I already got that. Next?
I give her a message that I took while she was on the phone.
What message? There's no other message.
Yes remember when you were on the phone and I took a message? THAT message.
Oh.

Yeah OH. Stupid. You claim to want me to be such a good secretary and yet you complain if I actually do anything on my own. GRRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment